[ View Thread ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Subguns.com Sword of Damocles Discussion Board

Strange.

Posted By: FSDSAP
Date: 7/7/20 02:28

UFO: Unidentified Flying Object. Does not necessarily mean space aliens. Just something in the sky that the observer cannot identify or explain.

I have seen a lot of things in the night sky. Large meteors (even one over north Indiana that made the news), the ISS about 100 times, Soyuz and Dragon supply ships to the ISS, the Space Shuttle, and lots of space junk. Space junk is always the most intriguing as they orbit in multiple directions and vary in brightness as they can only be seen when they reflect sunlight from over the horizon. Some I refer to as "twinklers". These are most likely old satellites with solar panels that reflect the sun like a mirror. As they slowly tumble you occasionally see a bright flash like a space born flash bulb.

So this morning about 6:30 I head outside to get some fresh air and maybe see a meteor or 2. First thing I see is a twinkler in the north east. About 5 minutes later I notice 2 objects, what I first think are space junk, in the same part of the sky heading east by south east, one behind the other. I have seen multiple pieces of space junk at the same time before. Even crossing paths, but never one behind the other. I am thinking cool, just a coincidence, but then I see a third, a fourth, a fifth, all the same spacing and traveling the same path. And they keep coming.

After about 15 I run inside and grab my binoculars. No running lights which is required even on military craft except over combat zones. I trace back to where they first become visible and it is in the north sky about where the sun would first reflect them that time of morning. Speed was about the same as the ISS (which is about 212 miles up and makes a complete orbit about every 90 minutes) and were as bright as an average star. After about 35-40 of them they became farther apart. Eventually 2-3 minutes apart but going in the same direction. By about 7am some high clouds were moving in and I could no longer see them any more. had to be at least 50 of them by then.

Military? Too bright to be jet exhaust (I have seen a lot of jets taking off and landing at night at Holloman AFB) and no sound. I can hear high altitude commercial jets at night easily. Also military craft are coated with radar absorbing material which does not reflect light very well. Where were they coming from? Where headed? Looking on the map they were in line with Washington DC.

Messages In This Thread

[ View Thread ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Subguns.com Sword of Damocles Discussion Board is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.12.

RSS feed for Subguns.com Sword of Damocles Discussion Board

THIS SHOULD BE HIDDEN TEXT