[ View Thread ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Subguns.com Sword of Damocles Discussion Board

Diesel motor experts... won't stop running

Posted By: Lukem / Z
Date: 7/7/20 02:28

Ok. So the Hot Asian wife is out on the Zero Gravity Kubota mowing the neighbor's yard and hits a decorative fence, knocking down a pretty, yet useless notched fence. She parks the controls and jumps off to go fix the fence like decoration. I, minding my business, like I always do, from the comfort of the Ez-Go golf cart, seize this opportunity and jump on the deck and into the chair. I moved her phone from the mower to the cart so she knew this was a change in venue.

I throttle back and go to engage the mowers and realize they are still running. There seems to be a few safety switches bypassed. I throttle up and let that diesel hum. Hit the controls and go at it, knocking down grass like a ninja driving a finely tuned Diesel mower over a relatively flat lawn. Well, some idiot on his mower sheered a lawn sprinkler head off, so I let her know where the new parts are and she fixes that, digging out, replacing the head stem, etc. I tried to shut the mower off but it won't stop running.

Ignition key is off and removed. I stand up, hopefully activating a kill switch, swap the PTO on/off and stand again. Nothing. This motor won't shut off from the operator control station (mower seat for those who haven't read the manual.)

I signal to the Hot Asian wife to open the neighbor's gate so I can get out on the state highway and drive home. As soon as I get on the highway, a car comes around the bend. I'm full throttle and fully pressed on the sticks and we're moving, but not fast enough. As soon as I get off the state road onto county, this diesel starts sputtering. Well, 1 sputter. Locked up and stopped.

I use the international "bring me a cold beer because this lawn mower just quit, take the golf cart and drive to the house and come back with the tractor and a good towing chain" hand signals, with special emphasis on the cold beer part.

She takes too long and I start walking home. I wave off my neighbor passing by, because I could obviously use the lift, but I don't want him to drive 300' out of his way to drop my dumbass off at my gate, which I don't have an opener for.

Anyhow.

I'm trying to contribute some funny content here and kick this board back off through its stumbles.

The question I have is - how do you stop a diesel motor that won't shut off when you turn the key and it keeps running? I can easily cut the fuel line, but I don't want to deal with that on a diesel. I guess I need to find the air intake.

Messages In This Thread

[ View Thread ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Subguns.com Sword of Damocles Discussion Board is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.12.

RSS feed for Subguns.com Sword of Damocles Discussion Board

THIS SHOULD BE HIDDEN TEXT