[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Subguns.com Sword of Damocles Discussion Board

TST,....Medical Scam

Posted By: kaveman
Date: 8/22/19 10:20

This is going on as I type:

My sister is on the table for back surgery right now. She's been waiting in pain six weeks for this day and I've been running her back and forth the 40 miles to her various doctor appointments because she's too doped up to drive. Most of the 'appointments' have been worthless 'busy work' sessions so her insurance can be billed. Other than doling out pill scripts one at a time they haven't done a damn thing but drag her around and make her stand around waiting, because once there she can't sit. Each day at the doctor puts her down for the next few. She's a tough broad,....she probably wouldn't need the painkillers if they'd just leave her alone.

Anyway, yesterday was one last 'conference' appointment prior to the scheduled surgery. She refused to go and demanded a phone conference instead. During the call they spelled out all of today's details, one of which was that a certain back brace(ASPEN VISTA 637 LSO)was an absolute requirement. No brace,....no surgery. First anyone had mentioned it. They claim that all the info was in a packet she received two weeks ago which of course it was not. But not to worry, the hospital can provide the brace and it's all covered by insurance(except that it's not,....it's all applied to her deductible). She just needs to bring $600 cash today and they'll bill her the 'other' six hundred dollars. Sis is a lawyer,....she ain't stupid. She called me yesterday in a rage, knowing she's being scammed. Almost certainly last minute notice of a required $1200 charge,....and they know you're going to pay.

She'd already searched the net and found that the brace is under $300 direct from the manufacturer but they couldn't get one to her in time. Imagine that! I took it to ebay and found something like sixty of them, new and used for $20-$150. Found one new-in-the-wrap for sixty bucks. Messaged the seller who was happy to get it sent Next Day Air for an additional twenty. Tic toc, tic toc,....I'm watching the tracking and it'll be here any minute. I guess I get to spend the day running it the last 40 miles.

Oh, she's some sort of shaman or spook of some sort and can't be photographed.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Subguns.com Sword of Damocles Discussion Board is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.12.

RSS feed for Subguns.com Sword of Damocles Discussion Board

THIS SHOULD BE HIDDEN TEXT