[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Subguns.com Sword of Damocles Discussion Board

Success on Yesterdays Fishing Adventure

Posted By: Destiny
Date: 8/8/19 22:44

Yesterdays Fishing Adventure for the elusive Utah Yellowstone Cutthroat Trout was a success.. Started at Buttcrack in the dark, picked up my Nephew Alex and drove 3 hours to the very Northwest Corner of Utah.. with the usual stop to gas and caffeine up in the metropolis of Snowville, Utah.. sigh.. Nothing stirring in Snowville except a small horde of Firefighters in very large trucks taking a break from the open range fires. We end up high in the Raft River Mountains.. all of the very small streams and creeks flow north to Idaho's Snake River.

The small stream I am fishing winds through a open grass valley, its quite green this year with the late rains. That's a good thing when you live in the Desert.. there are a spattering of Black Angus cows throughout the valley getting fat on the sweet grass so Destiny can have steaks.. Alex hates cows and to add insult, all these cows had Alex's last name on them.. literally.. made me laugh. I'm fly fishing with a #16 Caddis Fly Nymph.. my favorite fly for out West.. It's a miracle that I can manage to get the fly in the small stream while trying to balance myself with my cane, yes I flop down on the bank many times.. just don't have the strength to fish "Properly" But eh.. I get the job done.

My first Yellowstone Cutthroat was a whopper.. 6".. Alex took a photo with his phone.. I have to submit a photo of my catch to show I completed the Cutthroat Slam.. Four different subspecies of Cutthroat that are native to Utah.. I caught quite a few with each fish progressively getting larger until I ended up with a very nice one at the end 13" and fat.. Alex snapped a photo of me kissing the little Bastard before I let it swim away. Alex kept telling me that we should head back to the Truck but I am so stubborn and focused.. Didn't realize that fishing just the next bend in the stream would put me several hundred yards.. might have been miles to me.. I am so injured, I can't walk that far.. collapsed 4 time.. my Heart was racing and just couldn't breathe.. I push myself too hard.

Alex kept an eye on me.. dragging me and my fly rod back to the truck so I could chug down a ice cold Pepsi.. he yelled at me in the middle of my adventure and said I needed to look at my Red Tacoma.. I looked up and saw 40 Black Angus surrounded my truck and all of them were licking my truck.. Alex found great humor in this.. yeah Cow slobber, complete Cow slobber.. We pack it in and head into town.. Grouse Creek.. one of the most desolate places in Utah.. a Mormon Church, a school house that teaches about a dozen kids.. once they reach High School they get a 2 hour bus ride to and from school. There is a rodeo ground and a small country store that is open part of the day.. big times.. they have a 24 hour gas pump... very expensive gas.. I used to have to take an extra 20 gallons of gas with me.. My sister has a ancient cabin out there.. no plumbing..

We stop at the cabin to leave a bar of Irish Spring Soap my Brother in Law gave me.. I usually wash the fish smell off my hands there and he said the cows ate the last bar but the soap smell was so bad in the truck from the un-opened bar that it was messing with my breathing.. I preferred the smell of the fish honestly.. We take a few mile drive to some private property and look for arrowheads.. There was a fire in the area last year and thought it would have made it easier to see the obsidian and agate and churt.. we were right.. I found a nice black spear point and a stone knife made out of churt.. we headed home.. about half way home a swarm of honey bees found my windshield at about 80 mph.. just lovely..

I drove my truck through the carwash this morning.

My Adventure.

Destiny

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Subguns.com Sword of Damocles Discussion Board is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.12.

RSS feed for Subguns.com Sword of Damocles Discussion Board

THIS SHOULD BE HIDDEN TEXT