[ View Thread ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Subguns.com Board of Inquiry Archive

Bad deal with Tony Marfione - Microtech

Posted By: Eric@PWS
Date: 6/25/16 17:27

On May 3, 2016, Tony contacted me about purchasing a pre-sample M240 and pre-sample M249 that I advertised here on subguns. On May 5, 2016, Tony offered 100k for both guns and stated he could pay after a large knife show the first week of June 2016. I was hesitant to wait several weeks for payment, but he seemed like a nice enough guy and eventually we reached an agreement.

He later agreed to pay 115k for both guns and confirmed our deal in this email:

On May 8, 2016, at 4:12 PM, Anthony Marfione wrote:

Eric,Will put the purchase in writing.And can fully commit to the purchase the first week of June or sooner!I will see what I can put in with our FFL\SOT.

Our emails are below so you can judge for yourself. I sent him an email on May 24, 2016 checking the status and never received any response. I also called him several times and sent several text messages all with no response.

Tony agreed to send payment the first week of June if not sooner. It's now June 25th and I have received absolutely no contact from him since May 10th when he forwarded me his FFL/SOT.

I was counting on this sale to use towards a down payment on a house. Obviously Tony is not going to follow through on our agreement, but the least he could do is respond and provide some type of explanation. While discussing this situation with another well known BCR in Texas, I also learned Tony had reneged on a large purchase with this dealer as well.

I researched the BOI archives and saw that Tony has a positive reputation so I'm not sure why this situation occurred. This is the only dealings I've had with him and I'm passing along my experience for everyone to judge for themselves. If someone has information that would explain his lack of contact such as an illness or injury, then please let me know.

Best regards,

Eric

EMAIL THREAD REGARDING THIS TRANSACTION

On May 24, 2016, at 8:41 PM, Eric W. Wilson wrote:

Tony,

Just checking in with you to confirm our deal was still in place and see what your timeline was. My wife and I started looking at some houses this week so it'd be nice to use this money towards a down payment.

Thanks,

Eric

Sent from my iPhone

On May 8, 2016, at 4:12 PM, Anthony Marfione wrote:

Eric,Will put the purchase in writing.And can fully commit to the purchase the first week of June or sooner!I will see what I can put in with our FFL\SOT.

Thank you

Tony

P.S

I will hold off on the parts

Sent from my iPhone

On May 8, 2016, at 5:02 PM, Eric W. Wilson wrote:

Tony,

Could you put something down to hold them until June? You were the first to respond and like I said I'd prefer to sell both guns to one person. I just hate to wait 3 weeks and have other buyers purchase other guns and then have no one left if something happened with our deal.

If you could put a deposit down then I could go ahead and start the transfers. By June, they'd be close to getting approved so you could get them pretty soon.

I can't commit to holding them for 3 weeks without any payment. If the other buyers fell through and no one had sent money then they'd still be available for you to purchase. I've had 3 people commit to buy guns I recently listed and they never sent funds. I had to sell them to other people that responded.

Let me know if you can put some type of deposit down or if you're wanting me to just hold them for the next 3 weeks.

Thanks,

Eric

Sent from my iPhone

On May 8, 2016, at 3:36 PM, Anthony Marfione wrote:

Eric,

If you can hold till that first week of June?

Let me know ..

Thanx

Tony

Sent from my iPhone

On May 5, 2016, at 8:39 PM, Eric W. Wilson wrote:

Tony,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I've been in federal court in Dallas all day and I couldn't use my phone.

I think 115k for both guns is fair and I'd be willing to sell both for that. My only concerns are when payment would be available since you'd mentioned it would be the first week of June and taking in a large amount of knives for the parts. We already have a large knife inventory and haven't been selling as many here lately. I just hate to be selling knives for the next 6 months to recover my cash so I'd prefer to stay away from trades.

As I'm sure you probably saw, one of the barrels pictured was a M60 barrel by mistake. I was working late so I asked my wife to snap some pics of all the parts and that got included by mistake and isn't included in the parts. I think a value of 5k for the parts is very fair.

Let me know your thoughts.

Best regards,

Eric

Sent from my iPhone

On May 5, 2016, at 9:36 AM, Anthony Marfione wrote:

Eric,

Would 115k

And some knives for the part lot get the deal done?

Thanks

Tony

Sent from my iPhone

On May 5, 2016, at 10:16 AM, Eric Wilson wrote:

Tony,

Thanks for the update. I really can't wait a month to get these sold. I've already received an offer for the 249 in the low 40's and an offer of 70 for the 240. With that being said, I don't think there's any way I could accept 100k for both guns. I appreciate the offer and will certainly keep you updated down the road if something falls through on these other deals.

Thanks,

Eric

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 8:08 AM, Anthony Marfione wrote:

Eric,
I'm very interested in both gun packages..
As you know we own Microtech/ Marfione custom knives.
The first week of June is the Atlanta 2016 Blade Show, we do extremely well due to the fact that we retail right at the event.. I could certainly commit to the full payment of the guns that week soon after the show, please consider selling both guns to me for 100k,
As for the parts, would you trade for some Microtech knives at dealer?
This would leave me a little meat on the bone...
Thank you for your consideration!
Tony Marfione

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 5, 2016, at 8:44 AM, Eric W. Wilson wrote:
>
> Tony,
>
> Just checking in with you to see if you were still interested in these guns. Tuesday night I took pictures of the parts and forwarded them so hopefully you received those. I received a couple of offers yesterday so wanted to check in with you first since we had already spoken. Feel free to holler with any additional questions.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Eric
> 214-901-2030
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On May 3, 2016, at 8:23 AM, Anthony Marfione wrote:
>>
>> Eric,
>> I'm class 2 out of PA..
>> Can I get some pics of both guns. As I am in the market for both right at the moment....
>>
>> Thank you
>> Tony Marfione
>> Microtech Knives
>> Cell 828-988-9343
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

Messages In This Thread

[ View Thread ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Subguns.com Board of Inquiry Archive is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.12.

THIS SHOULD BE HIDDEN TEXT