[ View Thread ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Subguns.com Board of Inquiry Archive

Unethical Dealer

Posted By: Glen Mattox
Date: 9/8/11 20:50

(My friend is letting me use his email address so we can make this posting. After hearing my story, he supports me completely.)

I made an offer to purchase a Mauser T Gewehr WWI anti-tank rifle from Michael Free, dba, Free Firearms in North Huntingdon PA. Reference: ad # 19045, posted 06/30/2011.

We agreed upon a purchase price. After we had agreed upon a purchase price, two weeks later, Mr. Free upped the price $500, saying he had someone up the street who was willing to pay more; therefore if I wanted to purchase the gun, it would be at the higher price, after we had already agreed on the purchase price.

I asked Mr. Free many, many times if all the serial numbers matched to all the components. He assured me and reassured me that all the numbers matched and the gun was in excellent condition. I agreed to meet his higher demand price, if the gun was as he stated: in excellent condition and all matching serial numbers.

When I finally (after several weeks and a run-around)received the rifle, the rifle was NOT as described. It is in very-fine condition, not in excellent condition, as stated; and all components do NOT match. For instance the bolt was non-matching and deeply pitted.

Immediately, I contacted Mr. Free, and told him I was returning the rifle and wanted my money back. He informed me that he would not receive the gun and would not refund my money. Therefore, in my opinion and in doing business with Mr. Free, he is a man of no scruples, his word is no good, he is a liar, and does not reflect well on our industry.

I further recommend that people do no further business with this individual.
I have been collecting guns since 1958 and this is the first time someone in our profession has been unethical and unscruplous.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me, Glen Mattox, at 509-979-4690.

Messages In This Thread

[ View Thread ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Subguns.com Board of Inquiry Archive is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.12.

THIS SHOULD BE HIDDEN TEXT