[ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Subguns.com Board of Inquiry Archive

Setting the record straight

Posted By: Rob
Date: 10/16/10 01:24

This false and spurious message was posted about me several months back and since I don't comb the internet, it has just come to my attention.

"Trouble with Rob at Exeter Arms

Posted By: James
Date: 5/17/10 13:47

I had Rob at Exeter Arms, Exeter Nebraska handle a suppressor transfer to a customer/friend of mine last year. I transferred the suppressor to him & sent it to Rob on Feb. 24th 2009. My customer/friend went in shortly after that & paid the $100 fee Rob charged to handle the transfer. He filled out the form 4 & had the LEO signature/fingerprints/photos,$200 transfer tax, ect. He did everything needed on his end. We have been calling Rob checking on it for a few months. He gave us the story that my customer didn't send in the transfer money. The problem with that is that Rob had the form 4 & the money & said he would send it in. Rob said the NFA branch had the transfer & was waiting on the money. He kept giving me some story about how he handled all of H&K's business in Central America & how he has been out of the country SO MUCH that he hasn't had time to get it done.
After SEVERAL false promises that he would get it taken care of, we called the NFA branch. THERE IS NO RECORD OF THEM RECEIVING THE TRANSFER on that suppressor. They are not "waiting on the money". Rob apparently NEVER mailed it in. He apparently lied about them receiving it & apparently lied about them waiting on the money.
He now refuses to return my phone calls. I left him a message that if I didn't hear from him, I would post this info on the gun boards. I am now doing that. And just for the record, I know about slander & liable. In every state, "The truth shall be an absolute defense". I'm covered. BE WARNED. Watch out for this guy."

Here is the truth. The transfer was NEVER submitted to the BATFE at no time did I ever say it was. The customer we picked up the .22 pistol that was transferred with the suppressor returned the paperwork to us that was sent with him WITHOUT the check for the NFA tax or the check for my transfer fee. I tried to contact him by phone and mail (no email was provided) for weeks, with no response. It sat in my vault waiting. After several months I got a call from a female "reprehensive" of the gentleman who was named on the form 4. I explained the situation to her. After several more weeks I got a call back from her stating that the tax and the transfer fee was paid in cash when the pistol was picked up. I told her it was not. She was adamant it was and that she had the receipt that it was paid in cash, I said we are all human and I was pretty sure it was not but if she would fax me a copy of the receipt it would clear everything up. I never saw it. That next week, James started calling me feeding me the same story the "reprehensive" had been telling me. I said please have them produce this receipt and I would start the transfer. I do not know where he got this I would not take his call line. I can produce phone records that show no less than 8 phone conversations with him. Finally I was done dealing with both of their games and simply form 3 transferred the suppressor back to his with a detailed note explaining I was done dealing with both of their shenanigans, for him to attack me in a public forum is repugnant. The BATFE was NEVER waiting on the money as he claims. I was waiting on the money before I submitted the transfer. If we would have at least paid the NFA tax I would have submitted the transfer and collected my fee when he picked it up, but I was not going to front the transfer fee for someone I did not know who was falsely claiming he paid it. The truth is not in this gentleman's quiver apparently. This angers me because I pride myself on taking care of our NFA & non-NFA customers. We do over 1500 NFA transfers a year and we donít have BS problems like this. This is our lively hood, this is how we feed our children, it's not some sort of hobby for us, and so we take this kind of spurious venom very seriously. As far as the follow up post on this gentlemanís thread by my so called "competition" who took the opportunity to pile on with a jab and a plug for his little hobby business, you sicken me.
Hope & I stay busy taking care of our customers we both put in 12-18 hour days making sure all of our customers get the attention they deserve, so I don't have a lot of time to just mess around on the internet, thus I don't post much on any websites such as this. I just wanted to set the record straight on this matter that was brought to my attention.
Thank you for your time.
Rob Androyna
Exeter Arms
402-366-1596

[ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Subguns.com Board of Inquiry Archive is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.12.

THIS SHOULD BE HIDDEN TEXT